Public Service Announcements
WRKF airs Public Service Announcements (PSAs) on behalf of 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies as part of the station's mission to inform the Baton Rouge community. We accept submissions of details for consideration for inclusion in periodic public service announcements exclusively at the email listed below.
Guidelines for submitting your Public Service Announcements to WRKF:
- Submit messages of potential interest to listeners specifically within WRKF's listening area: Baton Rouge and the surrounding parishes.
- Provide a brief description of your event or organization, including dates, times, venues, and a URL where listeners may be directed.
- Just the facts, please: WRKF will air only non-qualitative information about the event, and cannot mention ticket prices or whether something is free.
- Submit event PSAs at least two weeks before you want the message to begin airing; please consider you may want the message to begin airing before the date of the event.
- Include contact information and requested start and end dates for the announcement.
- Provide pronunciation (pro-NUN-see-A-shun) of any proper names that have even the most remote possibility of being mispronounced.
- PSAs are 15-seconds... approximately 35 words.
- WRKF voices and edits submissions. WRKF does not air pre-recorded PSAs.
- WRKF's PSA coordinator selects and schedules PSAs based on airtime availability; the station does not guarantee PSA placement.
- Only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and governmental entities qualify for PSAs. For-profits and associations can sponsor WRKF as underwriters.
- Guaranteed and paid placement is available through underwriting, contact Barbara Clark.
Submit your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org