All The Ways To Support WRKF
WRKF members help make your favorite programs possible. In fact, membership combined with local business sponsorship makes up about 90 percent of WRKF's operating budget. To become a member, simply click here to donate the amount that works best for you on either an annual or monthly basis.
Becoming a Sustaining Member is an easy and effective way to invest in the community-driven, not-for-profit news and cultural programming you value on WRKF.
It's convenient. Your contribution is deducted automatically from the account of your choice (until you tell us to stop) which means no reminders from us. So, we spend less of your contribution on postage and paper. Plus, all the benefits that come with being a member remain yours to enjoy including access to special events and offers.
It's powerful. By eliminating administrative expenses, more of your contribution goes into the programming. Plus, when enough members become Sustainers, we'll be able to create shorter on-air drives. Imagine how good you will feel about that.
It's enduring. Spreading your support over time is easier on your budget. Plus it gives WRKF the security of a steady, reliable stream of program support. You'll feel good knowing that you're continuing to support WRKF's vital service to our community.
Sustaining Member Benefits:
- Guaranteed uninterrupted WRKF Member status;
- Satisfaction of providing continuous support for independent news, vibrant music and innovative content and streaming;
- Environmentally friendly because it decreases paper use;
- Opportunity to request a special members-only thank you gift;
- Automatically entered into all giveaways connected to on-air drives.
Here's how easy it is to become a Sustaining Member
- Choose the amount that you want to contribute every month.
- Decide if you want to use a credit card or an EFT using your checking account.
- Complete and submit the pledge form.
It's that easy. If your life changes, you can choose to increase, decrease or suspend your monthly gift. All you have to do is call us at (225) 926-3050 or email Membership Manager, Gwen Palagi at email@example.com.
Join The Circle of Friends
Members of WRKF Circle of Friends donate at annual levels which begin at $1,000.
Your investment as a Circle of Friends member ensures WRKF’s future providing credible news and cultural programming for you and your community.
In addition to WKRF member benefits, Circle of Friends members enjoy:
- Invitations to Circle of Friends-only events
- Behind-the-scenes tours of WRKF studios
- Advance ticket purchase opportunities and VIP access to selected events
Click the donate button above to join the Circle of Friends.
For more information on WRKF’s Circle of Friends, contact Barbara Clark, Development Director, at Barbara@wrkf.org, 225-926-3050 ext. 13.
Leave A Legacy
Donating through your will supports your station's future.
Since 1980, WRKF has been Baton Rouge’s source for discovering the world through credible news and cultural programming.
If WRKF has been an important part of your life, consider including a gift to WRKF in your estate plan. When you name WRKF in your will, trust, or by beneficiary designation you help ensure that WRKF is here for future generations.
How to leave your legacy
If you are interested in including WRKF in your estate plans, here is some information you will need:
Entity name: Public Radio Inc.
Tax ID number: 72-0776781
3050 Valley Creek Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Make WRKF a beneficiary
It’s easy to make WRKF a beneficiary of your will, trust, retirement account plan or life insurance policy
Sample bequest language for an unrestricted gift:
I give [the sum, percentage, or description of property] to Public Radio Inc., to be used for its general tax-exempt purposes, but without other restriction as to use.
Visit with us
A planned gift is a simple way for you to transform your love of WRKF into a commitment to support its future. If you have questions or would like to talk with someone at WRKF, our staff is available to visit with you. Please contact Development Director Barbara Clark at (225) 926-3050, extension 13, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
WRKF is a 501 (c) 3 charitable organization.
Make An IRA Contribution
If you are 70 1/2 or older you may be able to take advantage of a simple, tax-saving way to support WRKF.
How it works
If you are 70 1/2 or older, and you have a traditional IRA, you can make a contribution to WRKF as part of your required minimum distribution for the year.
- You must be 70-1/2 or older and required to take an annual distribution from your IRA.
- Your total combined charitable IRA rollover contribution cannot exceed $100,000 in any one year. (Married couples may be able to contribute up to $200,000.)
- Charitable contributions from an IRA must go directly to a public charity that is not a supporting organization. Contributions to donor-advised funds and private foundations, except in narrow circumstances, do not qualify for tax-free IRA rollover contributions.
- Distributions can only be made from traditional Individual Retirement Accounts or Roth IRAs. Charitable donations from 403(b) plans, 401(k) plans, pension plans, and other retirement plans are ineligible for the tax-free treatment. The distribution must be made directly from the IRA trustee payable to WRKF or another qualifying non-profit.
- You cannot receive any goods or services in return for your charitable IRA rollover contribution in order to qualify for tax-free treatment.
- You must receive an acknowledgment from WRKF or another charity for each rollover contribution.
We recommend that you seek advice from your accountant prior to making a charitable rollover as personal circumstances can have a significant impact on whether charitable rollovers are advantageous. In order to benefit from a 201X-eligible IRA contribution, plan to contact your IRA administrator as soon as possible as some administrators may place a deadline on requesting transfers.
For more information about making a charitable contribution from your IRA, contact Barbara Clark at 225-926-3050, ext. 13, 225-278-0504 (mobile) or email email@example.com.
Get Your Gift Matched
Did you know that thousands of companies match donations by employees to non-profit organizations like ours?
Check here to find out if your company will match your donation and to access the forms, guidelines and instructions you need to submit a matching gift.
Donate Your Vehicle
Donate your car, truck, motorcycle, RV or boat to WRKF by simply completing the online donation form and we'll reach out to you to arrange the pick-up of your vehicle donation, at no cost to you. Running or not, vehicle donation pick-up is always free to you and most vehicles can be picked up within 24 to 72 hours. Then our team will work to turn your vehicle into cash to help create your favorite programs.
Have questions? Our friendly Donor Support Representatives are available seven days a week to assist throughout the process and here are answers to many frequently asked questions.
Get started now. Complete the online vehicle donation form or call 855-500-RIDE. That's 855-500-7433.