Louisiana Considered: Doctors fight vaccine misinformation targeted at pregnant people
- Diane Mack hosted this Tuesday’s episode of Louisiana Considered.
- WWNO/WRKF Public Health reporter Rosemary Westwood reports on Louisiana doctors’ efforts to convince pregnant people to get vaccinated against COVID-19. The CDC now recommends that pregnant people get vaccinated to prevent hospitalization, death and adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- WWNO City Hall reporter Ryan Nelsen reports on Saturday’s Ride for Our Lives protest in New Orleans. Attendees protested in support of safer road conditions for cyclists, including more bike lanes and improvements to existing bike lanes.
- Former WWNO host Cynthia Scott discusses her current art exhibit at the Front in New Orleans. The exhibit is titled “Inheritance,” and it features works made from her grandmother’s collection of handwoven lace. The exhibit will be on display until Nov. 7.
- Gulf States Newsroom reporter Stephan Bisaha reports on the simple, yet effective approach some charities are taking to aid victims after disasters like Hurricane Ida - just giving them cash.